19th Century Literature

Tarja Rainio vierran at saunalahti.fi
Sat Aug 4 09:49:06 EDT 2001

on 4.8.2001 04:52, Anna Skarzynska at theania at freeuk.com wrote:

> I never even heard of the Emily series. Any good?

Yes, if you liked the Anna books, you'll probably enjoy these as well. In
fact, I prefer the Emily books. They are _Emily of New Moon_, _Emily
Climbs_, and _Emily's Quest_. I think there might be at least one more book
in the series, but that has never been translated into Finnish.

> And I use to love all the American wilderness stuff by Jack London (who died
> in 1916 or so aged 40, so it doesn't really count) and James Oliver Curwood
> and Ernest Tomson Seton (are those two old enough?)

How could I have forgotten about them. I enjoyed them a lot when I was
younger, but haven't read any of these authors for a while.

Tarja