Year of the Griffin

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Thu Aug 2 13:31:53 EDT 2001

On Thu, 2 Aug 2001 shelly at the-seasiders.co.uk wrote:

|Just started Year of the Griffin, and have to say I'm not enjoying it that much so far. It doesn't seem to have a plot about emotions paralleling the plot about events in the way that most of DWJ's books do. On the other hand, I haven't read The Dark Lord of DH, so I may be lacking important knowledge - would I do better to stop reading instantly, and get the DL of DH and read that before YOTG? Advice welcomed - but please bear in mind that if you suggest that, I may go mad not having anything to read until the weekend (when I can buy the DL).

Absolutely *stop reading* and read Dark Lord first.  There's much
about the griffins that is built up slowly in DLoD and just
assumed in YotG.  One of DWJ's only true sequels, except for --
um -- Crown of Dalemark.

-deborah
deborah at suberic.net
--
"You do not have to do everything disagreeable that you have a
right to do." 		-- Judith Martin (Miss Manners)