Chrestomanci's lives

Paul Andinach pandinac at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Fri Apr 27 08:21:50 EDT 2001

On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Emma Comerford wrote:

> Before I start I'll leave a spolier space for LoCC and CL.

> This may be a question with an obvious answer, but is there a
> discrepancy between the number of lives Christopher has at the end
> of LoCC (three - he's on his eigth, there's one in the safe and one
> in the wall that the Goddess took) and Chrestomanci in CL : "I've
> only got two now."

The obvious answer (sorry) is that he lost one somewhere between the
end of LoCC and the beginning of CL.

If anything, given the sometimes-dangerous nature of his job, it's
surprising he hasn't lost more. :)

...I wonder if it's usual for nine-lived enchanters to lose most of
their lives early on, before they get the hang of things?

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."