Senility (was Re: Urban fantasy(was Charles DeLint (OT)))

Jenwa Hsung jenwahsung at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 21 10:00:15 EDT 2001

--- Melissa Proffitt <Melissa at Proffitt.com> wrote:
> Dang, Philip.  I just remembered that I never
> actually finished that book.
> I just put it down and started reading something
> else.  Ditto for Tim
> Powers' _Declare_.  And I was enjoying both of
> those, so it's not like I
> threw them aside in disgust.

yay!  it's not just me.  i've actually been quite
worried about this -- i keep starting books, but
failing to finish them, even though i was quite
thoroughly enjoying them, and even though i want to
finish them, i just put them down at some point and
fail to pick them up again, moving on instead to read
something else.  and i never used to do this.  i used
to devour books whole.  but now... i have lots more
little tiny chunks of time and many fewer large chunks
of time, and i no longer have a strong a desire to
*make* more large chunks of time...
but it is becoming quite embarassing when i think of
all the books which i have started and failed to
finish...
i'm very glad i'm not the only one...

--jenwa.