A sinister topic (OT?)

Jenwa Hsung jenwahsung at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 21 09:46:52 EDT 2001

--- Paul Andinach <pandinac at tartarus.uwa.edu.au>
wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, McMullin, Elise wrote:

> As it was explained to us it's more like this:
>
> The left brain tends to be better at details, fine
> control, and
> sequences of events. This makes it more suited for
> dealing with
> language (for instance, speech production requires
> event sequencing
> and fine motor control), and for linear thought,
> which consists of
> sequences of events. It also suggests a reason why
> the hand that's
> better at fine control tends to be the right hand
> (which is of course
> controlled by the left brain).
>
> The right brain tends to be better at the big
> picture, pattern
> recognition, and so on.

if someone is left handed, is it this description of
the hemispheres still true?  or do they flip, so that
the right brain is better at details and linear
thought, and the left brain is better at the big
picture?

because i write and do all fine detail stuff left
handed, but i do many macro motions [though not all...
i think i kick with my left foot, but i have to think
really hard before deciding which feels more
comfortable], like throwing and cartwheeling, right
handed.  so that seems to imply that they flip....?

it's probably not that simple, but i still curious.

--jenwa.