OT: Pets and Surgery--a bit nasty

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Fri Apr 20 16:34:58 EDT 2001

>If you find these stories cheering, here's another unusual one. But
>long, so feel free to skip if you are not a cat lover.

That wasn't cheering, exactly, but was certainly involving!  Poor
cat.  And poor you.  One of my mother's dogs has developed a purely
self-inflicted wound from licking and gnawing at his paw.  It's been
open for about two years now, and periodically we all spray him with
the bitter lime (or whatever it is) stuff, yell at him every time he
goes near it, etc, and it's never quite got to the point of needing
stitches.  But it's not likely to go away now either.

The Collar is torturous.  I've long believed that anyone inventing a
kinder way to prevent animals from picking out stitches would deserve
a large humanitarian award!

Hallie.