Ot pets and surgery, a bit nasty

Gili Bar-Hillel abhillel at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 20 11:31:53 EDT 2001

>From: "Ven" <ven at vvcrane.fsnet.co.uk>

>This sounds like soemthing I've seen on vet programmes. Was Liki
>wearing a collar when she went missing?  Cats can get their
>forelegs caught through their collars.

Since I wasn't around when this happened, I can't really say. She does wear
a collar most of the time, and she does occasionally lose it. It's a fabric
collar with a bit of elastic in it, and it's quite loose, so I don't think
it very likely to be the cause but I suppose not impossible. The vet's
theory was that she had been cut on a wire trying to climb through a gap in
a fence, but by the time he saw her it was hard to tell for sure.

>I agree with you that soemtimes you just have to leave cats to it.
>One of mine gets a weepy eye when he's stressed -- it gets better
>quicker if I don't chase him round with eyedrops.

Liki has a range of unexpected responses to medication, such as vomiting
when we give her eardrops. So I try to leave her alone as much as possible.