OT:Thanks for the book rec

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Thu Apr 19 17:13:06 EDT 2001

Laurie said...

> I'm not sure who recommended the book _Out of the Ordinary_ ,by Annie
> Dalton, but I know it was someone from this list because one my To-Read
> list next to the title, I scribbled "like" Mahy's Changeover," and we've
> mentioned that book several times on this list.  Anyway, thanks to
> whomever that was.

It might have been me, I can't remember.  It's certainly one of my
favourites.

> I finished it last night and enjoyed it very much.
> Without spoiling anything, I could see the similarities to _Changeover_,
> and although I liked Mahy's book better, I did enjoy it a lot.  Does
> anyone know if there is a sequel to it?

Not that I know of, but I've only managed to track down three of Dalton's
books so far (the others being "Night Maze" and "The Alpha Box" - both,
also, very good!).

> It seemed to me the book ended
> with a strong hint that there would be more to come.  It also, for those
> keeping count of Tam Lin allusions in books, had a very strong reference
> to that story at one point.

Heheh.  I hadn't noticed that before, but thinking about it now, you're
right.  You mean at the climax, in the multi-storey car park, right?

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray