Homeward Bounders.

Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk
Thu Apr 19 06:29:51 EDT 2001

Elizabeth, quoting Sally:

>> He stole fire from the gods (I think he was a god, but fire was a State
>> Secret) and gave it to humankind. For betraying his people (gods) he was
>> chained to the rock with an eagle eating his liver, which renewed
>> every day.
>>
>> That's about all I know, and is the result of childhood reading. I see him
>> as the kind of traitor who passes on secrets from a philosophical point
>> rather than for gain.

SPOILER?

> So does that mean They are gods? (Just thinking this through, here..)

No, I don't think it does.  I think it means that _they_ set _themselves_ up as
gods.  Remember, it was _they_ who spread the stories about Prometheus "lighting
fires" (as he put it) - not surprising that _they_ would in these stories claim
to be gods , or that _they_ would replace _themselves_ in the story with
god-characters to magnify P's sin and to divert attention from _their_ world
manipulations...

Philip.

prohibited.

Telephone     +44 (0) 2476 42 4000