OT Rocks

M Elizabeth Parks meparks at mtholyoke.edu
Wed Apr 18 00:39:00 EDT 2001

> << and is spending her
>  birthday on a field trip looking at rocks.  Rocks.  The kind that inhabit
>  New England, which basically means, the rocky kind.  Y >>
>
> Lizzie - I've seen New England rocks on ebay!  Apparently, they are a big
> seller in Florida.  Where in NE are you?
> -Jill

Massachusetts, baby!  Pioneer Valley--near Springfield, in Western
MA.  Mount Holyoke College, one of the Seven Sisters, the "oldest
continuing institution of women's education in the United States."  I like
my school--I like it a lot.  I find that the whole women only thing is
working quite well for me, I don't mind the snow (though I dislike ice
intensely). . . I just wish
that MHC didn't have a science requirement (I had quite enough science in
high school, thank you) that requires me to go to classes at eight-thirty
in the morning and to look at rocks.  I'll have to check out the rocks on
ebay, though, and see if I can find anything that will help offset one of
the other Mount Holyoke problems--rather large price tag.

sigh.

lizzie