OT: Pets and Surgery--a bit nasty

alexandra.bolintineanu at utoronto.ca alexandra.bolintineanu at utoronto.ca
Mon Apr 16 23:19:21 EDT 2001

On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, Hallie O'Donovan wrote:

> I don't know.  This seemed to mean some glimmer of something in the
> middle of the night, but it's pretty well gone now.  Along with any
> conviction that any of us wouldn't really prefer unlimited puppies.
> :)  Puppies are good.

Tremendous sympathies :(  Our household feline had to undergo massive
stitching-up after it had a nightly encounter with something far larger
and toothier.  It was very sad to watch our poor cat growl to himself with
pain every time he tried to get up... And as soon as he got better he
started harping on his stitches--gnawing them gently, pulling them, and
letting them go with a *twang*. <shudder> What a nasty habit.

I am pleased to say that now he is perfectly well and exasperates us all
with his wild nightly dashes through the house, over/under our beds, and
all about the furniture.

Alexandra