Fanfic (OT?)

Kyla Tornheim kyla at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Mon Apr 16 17:01:48 EDT 2001

On Mon, 16 Apr 2001 JOdel at aol.com wrote:
> sort of thing. One that seems to be getting a certain level of sponsorship
> professionally over the past few years. I have noticed that there is a
> phenomenon called "shared worlds" which has been evident in certain little
> corners among fantasy and romance circles in particular, and the occasional
> cameo appearance even in mystery fiction.
Also, sometimes people will write things set in someone else's world, and
then change them to be completely original. I picked up a book of short
stories by Mercedes Lackey called "Fiddler Fair," and the title story was
originally written for some shared world or tribute collection. That
story, with a few changes and much expanding, became "The Lark and the
Wren."