Sallyo's list

Gili Bar-Hillel abhillel at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 16 08:23:29 EDT 2001

Sorry to start a new thread, I accidentally erased the message I wanted to
respond to.

Just wanted to say that the Narnia books should definitely be on this list.
We've discussed the similarity between Christopher Chant's "place in
between" and "the wood between the worlds" in THE MAGICIAN'S NEPHEW. Here's
another such similarity: Father time sleeping in his cave underland (THE
SILVER CHAIR) to wake only at the end of the world (THE LAST BATTLE) is
quite like the Time Lady asleep under Time City, isn't it? Is this DWJ
drawing from C.S.Lewis, or both of them drawing from some ur-Father Time
legend that I don't know about?