Three Weeks Late, Administration Trivia

Ven ven at vvcrane.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Apr 15 21:22:20 EDT 2001

> So the short answer is, you guys rock my world.

Aw, thanks Deborah

The long, and
> basically unnecessary answer is that we should periodically
> remind ourselves that there are many lurkers on the list, who are
> interested in being on the list about Diana.  But you all know
> that. ;) (basically I'm just paranoid because of the list I
> mentioned above, and how much like a little clique it got.  But
> we're not like that here, so I'm preaching to the choir I think.)

Can you tell us how many people are receiving this list? Cos I
wondered vaguely what the proportions of
frequent/regular/occasional contribuitors there are. Ever since this
topic came up I've been feeling a little self conscious about what I
send. I did a bit of statistical analysis on my posts: over the last
month I reckon I sent 8 on topic, 4 on related topics and a
whopping 12 off topic. However I tend to keep the length of off topic
posts shorter than those on topic ................. A more typical
couple of months posts gave 14 OnT, 10 RT and 15 OT (did
someone mention anoraks a while ago?).

Anyhow I wanted to say this was the first list I ever subscribed to,
its still the best and I take it as the standard for how these things
are done. Funnily enough another list, for a band, that I lurk on for
the gig info, seems to be going down in flames at the moment.
Now that's always been a place where I thought far too much OT
trivia was discussed ......................

Ven,

If all the good people were clever,
And all clever people were good,
The world would be nicer than ever
We thought that it possibly could.

Dame Elizabeth Wordsworth, Good and Clever 1990