Replies form Diana

Ven ven at vvcrane.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Apr 13 18:13:47 EDT 2001

Hallie wrote:
>  The dark bread and
> freshly gathered honey seemed fine, but *cheese*?  Just seemed out of
> place somehow, not only because there was no hint of any
> milk-producing animals anywhere.

Was that anywhere in the world or anywhere in the forest? If the
latter then they could have traded for it.

> So anybody else read all of Tanya Huff already?  Or (like me) ordered
> _Sing the Four Quarters_?  Or like Wrede's Lyra books better than the
> Dragons books?

I found Huff a little bit light weight, but very entertaining. My ocal
SF bookshop only had STTQs #3 in a faulty printing -- one chapter
is replaced by some upside down printing from a very bad
romance. So you've just reminded me I'm stuck on # 2 and really
should try to chase up a decent copy of 3.

> Hallie (taking care of a very drugged dog who just got spayed today,
> and is pretty miserable.  At least Sirius/Leo never had to undergo
> *that*!)

Getting my girl cats done always makes me feel like a "monster". I
have to grit my teeth and tell myself she wouldn't want unlimited
kittens any more than I do.

Ven,

If all the good people were clever,
And all clever people were good,
The world would be nicer than ever
We thought that it possibly could.

Dame Elizabeth Wordsworth, Good and Clever 1990