answers from Diana

Kyla Tornheim kyla at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Fri Apr 13 15:35:51 EDT 2001

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Hallie O'Donovan wrote:
> Or like Wrede's Lyra books better than the Dragons books?
I'm not sure if it's a Lyra book (it might be, but it came out in the last
5 years or so, so it's still in print), but one of my favorite Wrede books
is "The Raven Ring." The main character is very cool and talented, and
there's neat bits about tarot cards, and vague mystery bits, and it's not
all sappy at the end. Well, not in the obvious way, at least. :^)

I still really like the Dragon books, but this one is very much different
from those. "Snow White and Rose Red," while definitely not a Lyra book,
is more like those (slightly darker, more adult) than like the Dragon
books.