answers from Diana

Thu Apr 12 17:19:46 EDT 2001

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001 19:10:31 +0100, Hallie O'Donovan wrote:

>So anybody else read all of Tanya Huff already?  Or (like me) ordered
>_Sing the Four Quarters_?

I've read that one, and it was pretty fun.  Kind of light reading, I think,
and reminded me strongly of Mercedes Lackey.  Not a book to read while
you're pregnant, unless you're big on sympathetic pain.  Jacob likes the
"Blood" series, but I'm not a big vampire fan (except, of course, when it
comes to Buffy).

The ones Dorian didn't mention are the "Keeper Chronicles", of which the
second was published just a month ago.  They're about a Keeper, who is
someone who wields magical power to keep Hell from bustin' out all over the
place.  The first one, _Summon the Keeper_, is about how this Keeper is
called to a place where there's a gate to Hell that's been around for years,
and it's extremely funny.  The second is _The Second Summoning_, and I
thought it was less cohesive.  The plot structure is all over the place and
the one-liners got somewhat grating after a while, despite being funny
individually.  She set up a lot of background for another book, so I'm
looking forward to the next one, and I was about to add a spoiler, so I'll
stop there.  (Oh, one warning: they are fairly sexual in nature, so probably
not for the kiddies.)

Melissa Proffitt