Eugene Byrne

Ven ven at vvcrane.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Apr 11 20:46:43 EDT 2001

I'm just finishing Eugene Byrne's second novel, Things Unborn. It's
great. The idea is that after nuclear war in 1962, which wiped out a
lot of the population, people, retreads, who died young before that
date have been resurrected. Richard the III is back on the throne,
William Rufus and Charles I having preferred seclusion. There are
large numbers of retreads from the English Civil War, they've
already had one rerun of the conflict and another is brewing. And
its basically a police thriller, as Inspector Scipio Africanus (not a
Roman) tries to foil a Puritan plot.  I've nicked my new signature
quote from one of his chapter headings.

He's a new writer so buy this book and encourage him!
                                           Ven.