Hexwood and synchonicity (contains small spoilers)

McMullin, Elise emcmullin at kl.com
Wed Apr 11 16:57:19 EDT 2001

Neil wrote:
"(2)    Recently, I acquired a long scar on my left arm.  This appeared
mysteriously one morning and I have been at a loss to explain its cause.  It
seemed to heal and then it flared up again and it is still visible.  Shortly
after starting “Hexwood”, I acquired another scar, on my right knee, when I
caught my leg on the open CD-R tray of my computer.  This one was quite a
deep gash, about seven inches long.   Those of you who have read “Hexwood”
will recall that Mordion has a scar on his arm and Ann (Verrian) has one on
her knee; they mix the blood from these cuts to ‘create’ Hume."

You should experiment with your scars while you've got them. Strike while
the iron is hot.

"Call me mad, but I think there is something spooky going on here.  There is
magic in the air, I tell you!"

You renew my faith in possibilities!  Perhaps you are an enchanter... :)

"I've asked this before, but has anyone had similar experiences with books?"

Usually with me I learn some new concept from a book and suddenly it pops up
everywhere; people mention it, I see other books on it, it comes up in odd
circumstances, I meet people who are are very interested in it, whatever
'it' is.  It's like the zeitgeist wave washes over me.