A sinister topic

McMullin, Elise emcmullin at kl.com
Wed Apr 11 16:37:02 EDT 2001

--- Anna Skarzynska <theania at freeuk.com> wrote:
> One of my old friends in Poland was ambidextrous,
> but with certain quirks.
> She usually chose to write with her right hand,
> although she was capable of
> writing with either, but she drew with her left
> hand.

That makes sense, though. The right side of the brain is, and I will say
this poorly, where the visual, spatial and imaginative functions are housed
- and connects to the left side of the body. The left side of the brain
houses verbal skills and linear reasoning.  Perhaps a psych or neurology
person on the list can say more about the studies that have been done in
this area.

Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain is a good book touching upon this
topic.

Elise