OT: Tamora Pierce

liril at gmx.net liril at gmx.net
Wed Apr 11 09:23:29 EDT 2001

As we've been discussing Pierce's books on this list sometime ago, I thought
maybe somone has read "The circle opens: Magic steps" and can tell me what
he/she thought.

I liked the Alanna books very much as a teenager, and still like them, partly
for nostalgic reasons. I've tried one and a half of her Winding Circle series,
and found them too "youngish" and stopped reading them.

But when I checked the synopsis of Magic steps, the phrase "who does magic
when he dances" really got me hooked. I  like this idea, and now I wonder if I
should give this series a new try.

Bettina