OT: The things that go on in my homeland...

Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk
Tue Apr 10 08:08:58 EDT 2001

Greetings.  Anyone want a (rather uneasy) laugh?

My parents still live in my native Somerset [*], not too far from what must be
the dodgiest town in England: Glastonbury.  (obDWJ:  I'm still convinced that's
where Time City is set)

I was therefore not unduly surprised when my mother told me the other day of an
article in one of her local papers.  "The first professionally taught course in
witchcraft" is being started up in Glastonbury by a charitable foundation, to be
taught by a high priest of witchcraft, Kevin Saunders (what a pity he's not
called Michael!).

The syllabus apparently includes personal development, Tarot reading and
herbalism; there seems to be an emphasis on mystical healing, and a total
prohibition on using one's powers for evil...

I was going to include a URL but it's a search spec with parameters like logon
date and logon time so I doubt it'll work.  If you want to read the whole
article, try http://www.westpress.co.uk/headers/archive.html and search for
"witch" with publication set to Western Daily Press and date to 06/04/2001.

Philip.

[*]  Well, not quite native - I was born in Bristol, on the Gloucestershire of
the Avon.  But only because that's where the maternity hospital was...

permission is prohibited.

Powergen Group.

Power Technology:
Telephone	+44 (0) 115 936 2000
Fax		+44 (0) 115 936 2711
E-mail          techinfo at powertech.co.uk
www		http://www.powertech.co.uk

Registered in England and Wales No: 2366970