Strange charmed life reaction

Ven ven at vvcrane.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Apr 9 15:03:18 EDT 2001

Jacob wrote,
>   Both
> British B words (I hesitate to name them because of so many of you are in
> the UK), for example, are perfectly acceptable even in polite society here
> and occasion little or no comment.  I watched Notting Hill the other day and
> noticed that under British sensibility, the Hugh Grant character was really

Whaddya mean both? We've got four that I can think of. They're all
actually pretty much ok for polite society so long as its youngish in
age or outlook ............................ The two you're probably missing
are the aforementioned bugger, and bum -- here, childish or vulgar
word for the buttocks. When I was a kid the US usage of bum
made me think Americans were really rude.
                                           Ven.