Strange Charmed Life Reaction

Sally Odgers sodgers at hotnet.net.au
Sat Apr 7 12:57:15 EDT 2001

>This is kind of the reverse of what you just described.  Certain British
>cuss words seem quite mild in the US.

To add to this little pot...

What do you US folks think of the extract below? It's from an e-mail I
got from one of my regular editors the other day...

QUOTE
"Now to Polos (((this is a series title))). Margaret (((She's the boss
editor))) now
thinks we may have a wider market than just Australia so we do need you to
consider the Americans! With this in mind, we'd like you to go ahead with
Hitmaker and Summer of the Quacks (be careful with the romance!)."

END OF QUOTE

Aren't you just too pleased I've been bidden to "consider" your
countrypeople?

The idea being, I have to tone it down ...

Sallyo.