Sabriel

Anita Graham amgraham at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Sat Apr 7 06:54:06 EDT 2001

> >Can anyone convince me to give it another try?
>
> Well, um, WE all really liked it...good enough?  No?  :)
>
> Seriously--I don't know that in re-reading it, you'll like it
> any better.
> But if it's been a year and you can't remember exactly why,
> that might be a
> good reason to pick it up again.

Well, I didn't like it well enough on first reading to finish it. I think I
may have thrown/given the book away, as when I decided to retry it (after
seeing lots of praise here and elsewhere) I had to get another copy.

I liked it well enough to finish it, and if I didn't have children and work
and a frantic life, I probably would have read it through without stopping.

It is good enough to keep, reread and to get the sequel.

And in the sequel I've now got to the first scary bit and I've stopped
reading. (I'm really bad at scary bits.)

Anita