Buffy (was Re: Strange Charmed Life Reaction)

Kyla Tornheim kyla at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Fri Apr 6 21:44:17 EDT 2001

On Sat, 7 Apr 2001, Ven wrote:
> Finally all UK Buffy fans are highly amused at the number of dodgy
> slang terms that Anthony Head and Whozit that plays Spike put in.
> Can I presume the US censors don't know what they mean?
Probably not--what are you talking about? (You can reinsert the spoiler
space if you think people will be offended.) The funny thing, though, is
that James Marsters, who plays Spike, is American--he modeled the accent
after a North Londoner (I think) he was in a play with when he
auditioned. So it must be that either the writers put stuff in, or Anthony
Stewart Head has much fun suggesting things that Spike should say,
particularly because his actual accent sounds much more like Spike's than
Giles's...