taking care of books, chocolate, Eight Days of Luke

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Thu Apr 5 18:43:12 EDT 2001

On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Melissa Proffitt wrote:

|On Thu, 05 Apr 2001 13:07:48 -0400 (EDT), lpuszcz at uoft02.utoledo.edu wrote:
|
|>I think you can tell a lot about some people from their libraries.  I
|>read somewhere (in a mystery novel perhaps) about how police were going to
|>check a suspect's library record to see what books he'd checked out and
|>create a psychological profile.  Interesting.  I wonder what kind of
|>profile they'd come up with for me?
|
|They did it in Bujold's novel _Komarr_ too.  Very interesting.  I'm sure my
|profile would be something like "wants people to THINK she's smart, but is
|really cribbing from the true intellects."  :)

Not to bring up upsetting topics, but Ken Starr tried to subpoena
What's-her-name's bookstore purchases from B&N to prove that she
was a sex starved lunatic.

Heh.  Wouldn't it have been funny if it turned out she only read
Children's Fantasy, and was a huge DWJ fan?  Of course then we'd
all be embarassed about all those Jenny Craig commercials.

(Note to non-Americans who are lucky enough to live in countries
where the news is not obsessed with embarassing American
presidential fobiles, which I believe rules out all you UK types:
you don't want to know the details.  Really.)

-deborah

deborah at suberic.net
--
What does it matter whether we hang,
If we've learned a little wisdom?	-- _Jade_, Sally Watson