stammering

Nat Case ncase at hedbergmaps.com
Thu Apr 5 18:25:11 EDT 2001

>Helen wrote:
>In a message dated 4/4/2001 3:27:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Nat Case writes:
>
>>  I have a speech impediment that can get pretty bad.
>
>It can't be THAT bad, or I wouldn't have forgotten it. Now that I think about
>it, I can remember you stammering a *bit* on occasion, but reading this
>thread, I certainly never said, "oh, yes, just like Nat."

It comes and goes. It's been worse the last five years or so, and
it'll probably fade away more sometimes. I recall it wasn't bad at
all in college. I think some of it has to do with whether I'm
subtextually having to watch myself or not. In college I felt pretty
comfortable being just as weird as I wanted, and unfortunately there
are limits to how much you can get away with that out in the wider
world...

>He's also the person who introduced my husband and me -- well, Nat's heard
>this story, but the rest of you haven't.

And I had forgotten.

N-n-n-n-nat C-c-case

(There was an old man from Calcutta
Who had a most terrible stutter