STRANGE Charmed Life Reaction

M Elizabeth Parks meparks at mtholyoke.edu
Thu Apr 5 17:02:45 EDT 2001

I just wanna see if anyone else finds this as strange as I do--I think I
may have gotten a rather strange reaction to Charmed Life from a friend of
mine the other day.

Okay, so here's my strange story.  Like many of you, I pushed a friend to
read CL.  She finished it--rather quickly, especially for her--and I asked
her what she thought.  Her reply is going to be after a long bit of
space--please don't read if you're underage.

not being too explicit here or anything, but don't wanna tick anybody off.

The first thing my friend said to me was "Was that one phrase towards the
end meant to be a sexual entrende?"  I nearly fell over--I've never really
thought about anything in connection with CL as being hugely
sex-themed.  So she flipped it open to the scene near the end in the
garden, where Cat is tied up and the assorted bad witches and warlocks are
hunting for Fiddle, and one witch calls out. . . . and I freaked.  I told
her I couldn't believe she'd read that into it, and she told me that she
couldn't believe I never had.  So I'm just a little unsettled by the whole
thing. . . anybody else?

lizzie