Time of the Ghost, Spoilers, Questions on the Ending

Ven ven at vvcrane.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Apr 5 13:37:19 EDT 2001

Kyra said,

> He-he - I'm glad to see that Imo was someone else's favorite,
> too.  It always alarms me slightly - because Cart is clearly DWJ's mapping
> of herself, and so I feel somewhat guilty.  But of course it was probably
> intentional, and if I were doing the same kind of thing, I would try to
> make my mapping less sympathetic too.  No need for arrogance.  And, of
> course, Cart _is_ easily my second favorite.

Hmm, I always thought Sally mapped better onto Dwj. My evidence
for this is purely circumstantial, Diana = the Roman name for
Artemis, the moon goddess, Selina = selene, greek word for the
moon. TOG is dedicated to a friend called "Hat", who, on the
similarity of names I assumed was Cart. However I suspect soem
mix and match between the characters, as it is fiction after all.
IMHO anyhow.
                                           Ven.