DWJ characters in real life

Rowena Macrae-Gibson rowena.macrae-gibson at brunel.ac.uk
Thu Apr 5 08:11:20 EDT 2001

Yes I posted a while back how Tom Lynn is alive and well and playing cello
for the LSO. He's tall, with long arms and even has the 'elderly style'
hair! It was uncanny; the orchestra were walking onstage and I said
'Expletive deleted, it's Tom Lynn!!'. Then I had to explain to my boyfriend
who I meant (with the response 'oh one of your childrens books'), so now we
both recognise him. Although I'm not usually in the stalls for LSO
concerts (all the ones I've been to recently at the Barbican have been
with other orchestras), so I can't say I've seen a Tom Lynn close up!

Rowena
On Thu, 5 Apr 2001 10:44:33 +1000 Sally Odgers <sodgers at hotnet.net.au>
wrote:

> >Have we talked about whether any of us have known a DWJ character in real
> >life?  I think I remember someone having seen Morton Leroy somewhere.
>

> I think DWJ herself did... and someone did she s/he meet the Goon. And I'm
> sure someone saw a Tom Lynn somewhere.
>
> Sallyo.
>

> --

Rowena Macrae-Gibson,
Information Librarian, Brunel University,
Uxbridge, Middlesex. UB8 3PH.
tel: 01895 274000 ext2788
fax: 01895 203264
email: Rowena.Macrae-Gibson at Brunel.ac.uk