Year of the Griffin

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Thu Apr 5 05:41:57 EDT 2001

>On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Hallie O'Donovan wrote:
>
>>  > And, reading through everyone's old posts, I appear to have
>>  > noticed something nobody else has. Rather than say what outright,
>>  > I choose to issue the following challenge:
>>  >
>>  > Describe the University's librarian in YotG. Without using any
>>  > word that begins with "librar".
>>
>>  Hmm.  Is the answer you're looking for "It can't be done"?  Not one
>>  single descriptive adjective that I could find.
>
>Spot on. There's no description of the librarian at all, not even "he"
>or "she".

Thanks for setting a relatively easy challenge - not something like
figuring out what's really going on in TotG.  :)

It is very striking, though, once it's been pointed out, as this
being (human or otherwise) has a good few sentences over a few pages,
written about - er, him/her/it.

I told the girls the challenge, and Cara said "annoying".  Which
worked pretty well too. Though annoying enough to be the other of the
doctors DWJ put YotG?

Hallie.