Newbie and sayers

elisa at telia.com elisa at telia.com
Thu Apr 5 05:41:17 EDT 2001

Hello,

I´ve been lurking for a while, and will probably do so for most of the
time, but I thought it was time to introduce myself.

My name is Elisa and I live in Sweden. I read DWJ´s books in my
late teens, and have been addicted since then. I´m slowly reading
through her books, as I have some problems finding them. Last one
was "Black Maria"

> Rosie Burroughs wrote re Throne, Dominations:
>
>I couldn't see the join. (And don't tell me where it is!) I agree it
wasn't
>  as good as the real thing (though IMHO better than Unnatural
Death, which I
>  have never liked), but I did enjoy it very much.

I´m a member of a list where we discuss Sayers Lord Peter books.
THRONES have been much discussed and some members have
read Sayer´s original script. Sayers had only written a few scenes,
not necessary in the beginning, and then more generally outlined
the plot and characters. One scene was actually omitted by Walsh.

Sayers wrote a series of articles during WWII where several
characters from the Lord Peters books comment the war in letter
form. They are very interesting and get you glimpses of what
happened after the last book.

Elisa