Charles DeLint (OT)

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Wed Apr 4 15:59:52 EDT 2001

Ros said...

> Emma asks:
>
> > I was just wondering if anyone on this list liked Charles DeLint's
books?
> > Emma :)
>
> Yes, I've read a few of his novels. I enjoyed _The Little Country_, but my
> favourite is _Memory and Dream_. Very evocative, sad and happy at the same
> time. It's set in Newford, the same city as most of his short story
> collections.

Oh yes, absolutely agree - I *love* "Memory & Dream".  Most of the pretty
silvering has worn off the cover of my copy, because I've read it so many
times!

For some reason, I have difficulty with "The Little Country", and have only
read it all the way through twice.  I don't know why this is, but I never
seem to feel like reading it, or to get very far into it if I do.  Peculiar.

I like "Moonheart" too, mainly because I *want* Tamson House; it's just too
cool!  And "Jack of Kinrowan", his take on the "Jack the Giant-Killer" tale,
is very good.

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--