Reprints and availability of books (was: Re: Urban fantasy(was Charles DeLint (OT))

Tarja Rainio vierran at saunalahti.fi
Wed Apr 4 16:18:48 EDT 2001

on 4.4.2001 09:19, Sarah Imholt at mesarahkanah at netzero.net wrote:

> My favorite urban fantasy is Emma Bull's WAR FOR THE OAKS, which is actually
> being reprinted v. soon.

Yes, I checked and Amazon.uk has the publishing date as July 2001. Good,
because I've wanted to read this book for some time.

As someone else mentioned on the list (sorry, I forget who it was), there
have recently been and will be great reprints available. At the moment I'm
waiting for MeishaMerlin to release P.C. Hodgell's _Keeper's Mask_, I'd
heard positive things about this series -and Alexlit had had it on my recs
list for ages- , so when they reprinted the two earlier books (_Godstalker_
and _Dark of the Moon_) in _Dark of the Gods_ I ordered it instantly. I have
to say I really liked those and can't wait to read more.

Then there is of course the British Fantasy Masterworks series which has
reprinted several great books, as well as the Gollancz Science Fiction
Collector's Editions (through which I finally got Schmitz's _Witches of
Karres_ which had also been near the top of my Alexlit recommendation list
for quite a while), etc. It's a nice trend to see good books become
available again, especially for those, like me, who missed them when they
were first published.

Tarja