Charles DeLint (OT)

Gross Family argross at bigpond.net.au
Wed Apr 4 02:56:11 EDT 2001

> > Emma asks:
> >
> > > I was just wondering if anyone on this list liked Charles DeLint's
books?

Kyla wrote:

> Ooh, I just read _Memory and Dream_. So beautiful--I was reading it one
> morning, and walked down to lunch feeling drunk with words.

Yes, it's beautifully written, and has one of the most poignant portrayals
of friendship, as well as unrequited live, that nevertheless has an unusual
and happy ending, I've ever read.

> My favorite DeLint is _Jack the Giant-Killer_, though, which is the first
> one of his I read, because it was part of the fairy tale series.

Haven't got hold of that one, yet. If you like it more than _Memory and
Dream_, I must find and read it.

Ros