Time of the Ghost, spoilers, questions on the ending

Tue Apr 3 22:34:05 EDT 2001

On Wed, 4 Apr 2001 02:13:07 +0100, Ven wrote:

>Melissa wrote
>
>> Anything else?  See what I mean about mining DWJ's books more deeply each
>> time?  :)
>>

>Well I thought I agreed with Philip, then I read Melissa's
>contribution ............ And I'm sure that if I could just hunt TOG out
>from where its evidently hiding with the feral books I'd know what
>Ithink too .................'

>The question I'm asking myself is what happened to the Monigan
>doll. Didn't someone give it as a sacrifice and someone else
>(Julian?) retrieve it? I remember the mother finding it on the drive
>and then bringing it to Sally in hospital and I'm sure its significant.
>Can anyone help!

Phyllis (the mother) brings it to the hospital because she remembers that
Sally was attached to it and thought it would be comforting.  And Sally
gives it to Fenella and asks her to burn it.  I think it's, maybe,
closure--not that Monigan ceases to exist, but that they destroy their
ability to contact her.

Melissa Proffitt