Charles DeLint (OT)

Tarja Rainio vierran at saunalahti.fi
Tue Apr 3 15:43:23 EDT 2001

on 3.4.2001 11:36, Jacob Proffitt at Jacob at Proffitt.com wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Apr 2001 13:07:40 +1000 (GMT+1000), Emma Comerford wrote:
>
>> I was just wondering if anyone on this list liked Charles DeLint's books?
>
> Oh yeah.  I *love* Charles DeLint.  I prefer his short stories.  I think he
> is better in the short story format.  His novels lose some of that tight
> focus that brings his stories such clarity.  I can't claim that I read all
> his books or that I plan to (they can be awful heavy), but I certainly enjoy
> DeLint in moody doses.  He's one of the true masters of Urban Fantasy.
> Perhaps the Grand Master.

Yes, his short stories are great. Among my earliest favourites among his
works was the novel _Moonheart_ and later its sequel _Spiritwalk_, but I
think some of his best work can be found in the Newford stories. I don't
claim to have read everything by him either, and probably couldn't even due
to limited availability in Finland. IIRC, I discovered his work sometime in
the beginning of the 1990's and have tried to get at least some of his books
since then, which is nowadays much easier thanks to the internet and online
bookstores etc.

Tarja