Sabriel

Jacob Proffitt Jacob at Proffitt.com
Tue Apr 3 04:34:37 EDT 2001

On Mon, 02 Apr 2001 23:21:31 -0600, Melissa Proffitt wrote:

>...and speaking of spending money on books, I was APPALLED to hear how many
>of you mistreat books and are PROUD of it.  Heathens.  :)  I hate the way
>mangled books look on a shelf; nice clean spines all in a row, like
>rectangular jewels, that's what I like to see.  Not necessarily mint
>condition--they're meant to be read--but there's no need to break spines, is
>there?  And Thomas Lynn is on my side too, so there.  Besides, I hate
>spending good money to replace a book that's been read to pieces, when I
>could be buying something I've never read before.

I was so proud to look at a book I just finished and realize you could only
barely tell it had been read at all (only because the front cover rises
slightly).  I've trained myself to be a gentle reader.  And I'm proud of
that.  I want my books to last.  Good thing we're married, isn't it?

Jacob Proffitt