Power of Three ending (spoilers) (was: RE: Tea)

Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk
Mon Apr 2 12:56:54 EDT 2001

> spoilers for (and confusion about) the end of "power of three"

> On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, McMullin, Elise wrote:
>> You know, I think my most absolutely intense dwj moment was in Power of
>> Three when they are all down in the dorig hall volunteering to die.
> That's another one of her books ("Fire and Hemlock" being the other
> example) where I didn't quite understand the ending. Can someone explain
> it? I get that Ceri put a thought on Gair; but I'm not sure what it made
> him do, or why it meant that Gair was all solemn at the end while everyone
> else was rejoicing.

The Thought made Gair offer himself as a sacrifice.

I don't know why he is solemn.  In fact, is he still solemn after deciding not
to punish Ceri for the Thought?

Philip.

permission is prohibited.

Powergen Group.

Power Technology:
Telephone	+44 (0) 115 936 2000
Fax		+44 (0) 115 936 2711
E-mail          techinfo at powertech.co.uk
www		http://www.powertech.co.uk

Registered in England and Wales No: 2366970