Nonpareils, plus book recommendation

Anna Skarzynska theania at freeuk.com
Sun Apr 1 19:14:01 EDT 2001

How odd. There is a bagel bakery in Hackney, East London, and it's the real
thing, run by Jewish people, a family business etc., and they do bagels
which resemble those you get in supermarkets here, only a thousand times
better (the supermarket ones have American flags emblazoned upon them, so
they must be at least vaguely like the American ones). I can't believe that
East End Jews were trying to emulate Americans! This place has been around
for too long to be jumping on some kind of trendy food bandwagon. Please
explain?
Ania