Connie Willis

Miranda K. Smith mirkat at email.unc.edu
Sun Apr 1 17:30:20 EDT 2001

> Rosie wrote:
>
> >Finally, some advice, please. I am certain my boyfriend would love To Say
> >Nothing of the Dog, but he refuses to read fantasy/sf (apart from
Narnia -
> >and that was only because someone told him he was like Puddleglum) as he
is
> >convinced he hates it all. How can I persuade him to read TSNOTD?

My copy of TSNOTD says, at the top of the front cover,
that it's the "most hilarious book of its kind since John
Irving's The Water-Method Man and A Confederacy
Of Dunces by John Kenned Toole." I keep thinking this
is odd, since to the best of my knowledge neither of
those are remotely sci-fi, but it might be an angle you
could take with your SO. Does he perchance like
Irving? :-)
miranda