Nonpareils, plus book recommendation

Irina Rempt ira at rempt.xs4all.nl
Sun Apr 1 03:23:42 EDT 2001

On Sat, 31 Mar 2001, Hallie O'Donovan wrote:

> I have always _loved_ the word "comfit".  Mind's immediately gone
> blank about exact places I'd have come across it, of course.

_A Room Full of Leaves_ by Joan Aiken. It's in one of the
collections.

I've always liked her short stories much better than her novels (the
alternate-history novels worst of all) and the Mark and Harriet
stories better than any of the others. Probably because they're about
real people in a *slightly* alternate world, always my favourite
sub-genre.

   Irina