Books and reading age

Kyra Jucovy klj at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Thu Sep 21 23:41:21 EDT 2000

	Yes, often I wonder what my perspectives on the Harry Potter
series would have been if I had read it first when I was eight - I can't
help but think that I might have loved it, as opposed to merely feeling
some interest in it.  Or, on the other hand, the way that I'm not
necessarily that eager to start reading any Terry Goodkind or
L. E. Modesitt (sp?), but I can't stop reading _The Wheel of Time_,
because I started reading it when I was ten and am simply not capable of
stopping now, despite all of the good reasons to do so ;-).

					---Aryk

"It is despicable. It is horrible.  This is dreadful.  This is
shameful.  This is awful."

---Lynne V. Cheney, demonstrating her skill with the English language, on
"the lyrics to one rap song" (NYT)