dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #225

Ven ven at vvcrane.junglelink.co.uk
Thu Sep 21 20:13:37 EDT 2000

> > The above plaint comes about because I think the idea of the juvenile
> > immortal is on its way to becoming a cliche.
>
> This makes me think of a story I read, called (I think) "Child of All
> Ages". Can't find it - does anyone know who wrote it?
>
>    Irina

I think its called Children of all Ages from a film poster. I'm racking
my brains but I can't remember who wrote it, its definitely not
ASimov though.. I think it was a woman who didn't publish much
other SF, Marta Randall?, Mildred Clingerman, I'm sure her first
name began with"m".  It was about an immortality potion that only
worked on pre pubescents so that any time they stopped taking it
they could grow up -- so long as they were prepared to grow old an
die. The child in the the story was finding 20th century US
bureaucracy a bit hard to handle.
                                           Ven.