(Fwd) Re: Libby Beer and Old Ammet Dalemark spoilers

Ven ven at vvcrane.junglelink.co.uk
Mon Sep 18 19:40:40 EDT 2000

From:           	Self <Single-user mode>
To:             	dwj at suberic.net
Subject:        	Re: Libby Beer and Old Ammet Dalemark spoilers
Date sent:      	Tue, 19 Sep 2000 00:13:05 +0100

Date sent:      	Mon, 18 Sep 2000 16:13:33 -0400
From:           	owner-dwj-digest at suberic.net (dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones))
To:             	dwj-digest at suberic.net
Subject:        	dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #223
Send reply to:  	dwj at suberic.net
Becca said
> Hi all (Becca here),
> Another question that isn't quite related: are Libby Beer and Drowned Ammet
> gods? I never knew. It's probably right there in the book, and I've just
> passed blithely over it a zillion or so times.
> and Jennifer wrote
> I thought they were gods before I read Spellcoats- I still think they are
> effectively, but they may be others like the One, *very* old Undying who got
> trapped and mythologised into the role of gods.

I've always thought Libby Beer and Old Ammet are undying. Very
recently I came up with a theory which isn't even IMHO yet. What
happened to Robin and Tanamil? Could they have transfigured into
Libby Beer and Old Ammet? I haven't read The Spellcoats for a
long while (because it was the only Dalemark book I had for ages
and I wanted to let the others catch up) so I could have forgoteen
something crucial.

                                           Ven.