Narnia comments, including spoilers

Tony Fox tonyfox at beeb.net
Sun Sep 17 08:19:15 EDT 2000

> > >The one I
> >remember not liking the most (and it's been ages since I read them) is
> >Voyage of the Dawn Treader.  I don't remember why.
>
> Me too!  I think I disliked it because it was a series of episodes...I
like
> individual scenes in it, but the book as a whole wasn't my favorite.

Dawntreader is my favourite - the imagery is so wonderful.I've often thought
about the merpeople and thought I'd like to read a story about a place like
that - and the water that goes sweet and the waterlilies at the end of the
book - and the birds with the coals in their mouths that make the star
younger! Wonderful!

I agree that what happens to Susan is painful - probably because we all have
people in our lives who have walked the same paths with us and shared our
passions. It hurts when they don't want to know anymore.

Chris