Buffy and not meeting DWJ

Kyla Tornheim kyla at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Fri Sep 15 00:31:41 EDT 2000

On Fri, 15 Sep 2000, Paul Andinach wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Margaret E Parks wrote:
>
> > I like Wesley just fine.  I liked him a lot when he was still part
> > of Buffy.  But then he turned up in Angel as what seemed to me a
> > totally different character--from hidebound nerdy rule-follower to
> > rogue demon hunter.
>
> Nah, he was just a hidebound nerdy rule-follower trying to be a bold
> rogue demon hunter. :o)
>
> He's developed since then into a reasonably likeable human being, of
> course, but he hadn't really changed that much when he showed up.
Yes, Paul, I totally agree with you. Priceless moment from the first
*Angel* episode with Wesley: Wesley trying to get his knife out from the
duct tape he's used to attach it to his leg. Hee hee. But I really do like
what the writers have done with making him grow as a character. The
episode where Cordy's pregnant shows his tenderness, and how the three of
them have become a family. It's just neat. :^)

> > I suppose I'm just mad because the episode that Doyle died in was so
> > STUPID.  Like in Star Trek: TNG when Tasha Yar died--they could have
> > at least given her a good story.
>
> You definitely have a point there.
Oh, no, no, no. Well, I agree with the Tasha point--man, did that episode
suck! But Hero was *such* a great episode. I admit, I'd be quite happy if
they hadn't killed Doyle, but the thing is that he died for a reason. He
finally became a hero, which is something he'd sort of been aspiring to,
and if he hadn't died, Angel would have. Or lots of people. And so it was
worth something.

Willow: Maybe we shouldn't be too couple-y around Buffy.
Cordelia: Oh, you mean 'cause of how the only guy that
	ever liked her turned into a vicious killer and
	had to be put down like a dog?
Xander (admiringly): Can she cram complex issues into a
	nutshell, or what?
		--"Faith, Hope and Trick,"
			"Buffy the Vampire Slayer"