Buffy and not meeting DWJ

Paul Andinach pandinac at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Thu Sep 14 23:33:45 EDT 2000

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Margaret E Parks wrote:

> I like Wesley just fine.  I liked him a lot when he was still part
> of Buffy.  But then he turned up in Angel as what seemed to me a
> totally different character--from hidebound nerdy rule-follower to
> rogue demon hunter.

Nah, he was just a hidebound nerdy rule-follower trying to be a bold
rogue demon hunter. :o)

He's developed since then into a reasonably likeable human being, of
course, but he hadn't really changed that much when he showed up.

> I suppose I'm just mad because the episode that Doyle died in was so
> STUPID.  Like in Star Trek: TNG when Tasha Yar died--they could have
> at least given her a good story.

You definitely have a point there.

> > "Hold fast to the one noble thing."
>
> Paul, believe me, I would if I could ever figure out just what it
> was.

I don't think I've ever worked out what it is, either, but I figure
the idea is worth spreading around anyway.

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."