Narnia comments, including spoilers

Kyla Tornheim kyla at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Thu Sep 14 22:42:28 EDT 2000

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Dorian E. Gray wrote:

> Kyla said...
>
> > yeah...whenever I'm reading the whole series, once I'm done with _The
> > Silver Chair_ (because I tend to read them in chronological order, not
> > publishing order, but I only started doing that *after* I'd read them all
> > the first time--how *dare* they publish them in the wrong order? _The
> > Magician's Nephew_ isn't *nearly* as cool if you don't already know how
> > things are supposed to be! </rant>)
>
> Uh...because that was the order C. S. Lewis *wrote* them in?  "The
> Magician's Nephew" is cool because *Lewis* knew how things were supposed to
> be.
right right right, I know. I mean the new publishing, the one that came
out ~4 years ago, at least in the U.S., which had _The Magician's Nephew_
as #1, then _LWW_, then _The Horse and His Boy_, etc. I think it's
irresponsible to publish them that way because they shouldn't be read that
way the first time. Sorry that that was unclear.

> > (Is there actually anyone on the list who hasn't read them?  Just
> curious.)
I just figured I'd make sure....

Xander: So, are we Bronzing it tonight?
Willow: Wednesdays, kinda beat.
Xander: Well, we could grind our enemies into talcum powder with a
sledgehammer, but, gosh, we did that last night.
		--"When She Was Bad," "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"